What to Expect
- Patient Will Be Made Comfortable – As soon as you arrive at Make Your Hair Grow Faster for your appointment, you will be taken to your surgical room, and settled into a very plush and comfortable chair. You will be reclined to your comfort level, and your temperature preference will be noted. You will be asked if you would like a blanket or pillow to further enhance your comfort during the procedure.
- Donor Area Prepped for Removal – The area of your scalp that contains the most good hair will be cleaned and sterilized thoroughly prior to removing any hair.
- Pain Relief Administered – After the donor area has been completely cleaned and sterilized, numbing medication will be administered into all areas that will be used for hair retrieval.
- Utilize FUE Method to Remove Donor Hairs – Using a small tool called a punch, your surgeon will carefully remove hair follicles individually from the hair retrieval site.
- Create Grafts from Donor Hairs – The hairs that are retrieved from the “good,” or donor site, will be used to create hair grafts. These grafts will be inserted into the transplant area so that the follicles can begin to grow where there is no (or little) hair currently growing.
- Transplant Area Prepared for New Hairs – Once your surgeon has a sufficient number of hair grafts prepared from the hair retrieval site, a team will clean and sterilize the area that will be receiving the hair grafts. This area will be thoroughly numbed prior to insertion of the new hairs.
- Donor Hair Grafts Are Transplanted – Each hair graft will be painstakingly inserted into the transplant area (where the hair is thinning or balding.) This portion of the procedure can be lengthy, and your comfort level will be monitored continuously throughout.
Loss of Transplanted Hairs – Several weeks after your hair transplant, the transplanted hairs will begin to fall out. Do not be alarmed! This is a totally normal part of the process, and is to be expected. Several months from the date of your procedure, you will begin to see new hair growing in the transplant area. These hairs are almost always permanent.
People have been losing their hair for millions of years, and only in the last half of a century has it become possible to have a permanent solution to hair loss. We find it quite thrilling that we are able to provide so many people with a better quality of life and higher sense of self.
Because of common knowledge about the older forms of hair transplantation, many people may have justifiable fears about the process. If you have read through the above ‘What to Expect’ list and still find yourself leary or fearful, we encourage you to get in touch with our office as soon as possible. By talking with our friendly and helpful staff, you will come to understand that there really is nothing to fear about our FUE hair transplant procedure. You only have good things to look forward to – specifically a full head of hair!